Our Next Vice Chancellor for Development and Alumni Affairs

I am pleased to share that Chip Bryant has been named vice chancellor for development and alumni affairs. Chip has served as interim vice chancellor since August.

Chip serves as a core member of my Cabinet and the UT Foundation President’s leadership team. He joins us at a critical time as we prepare for the official public launch of the campus capital campaign. He plays an integral role in building relationships between the university and its alumni and coordinating our capital and programmatic campaigns.

Chip has more than 20 years of marketing and fundraising experience. Prior to serving in the interim vice chancellor role, he was executive director of development for the Haslam College of Business and directed our campus-wide campaigns. He also spent 11 years as UT’s assistant athletics director for marketing, managing the corporate partner program and contracts. He has a bachelor’s degree in education from UT Knoxville.

I want to extend my gratitude to the members of the search committee for their work throughout this process. I hope you will join me in congratulating Chip on his appointment.