Vice Chancellor for Diversity Candidates
To UT Faculty, Staff and Students
From: Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek
Four candidates for the Vice Chancellor for Diversity will visit campus over the next three weeks.
The university created the position to enhance our diversity initiatives and maximize cultural awareness and civility initiatives.
Bob Rider, dean of the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences, is chairing the search.
As part of the campus visits, each candidate will lead a public forum and respond to questions following their presentations. I invite you to join us for the sessions:
For those who can't attend, each forum will be web cast live and archived for viewing later. You are encouraged to submit questions and feedback online.
Please watch Tennessee Today for updates about the search.
The UT search committee is chaired by Bob Rider, dean of the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences. Members are:
- Vincent Anfara, past president of the UT Faculty Senate and head of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Avery Howard, an undergraduate student
- Wanda Costen, associate professor in the Department of Retail, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Shane Colter, office of information technology
- R.J. Hinde, associate dean and professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Margie Nichols, vice chancellor for communications
- Mary Papke, English professor
- Anton Reece, director of the Student Success Center
- Jennifer Richter, associate director of the Office of Equity and Diversity
- Todd Skelton, graduate student
Posted: September 28, 2012