Chancellor’s Associates Welcomes New Class
Twenty-three community leaders, alumni, and university volunteers have been named Chancellor’s Associates.
This group was established in 1972 to strengthen the tie between the university and the Knoxville community. There are currently sixty-seven Chancellor’s Associates, each serving a three-year term of office.
The associates meet monthly for breakfast during the academic year to learn more about the university. I often invite some of our top-notch faculty, students, and administrators to join us at those meetings.
The following are the new Chancellor’s Associates for the 2013–2014 academic year:
- Kelly J. Beierschmitt, associate laboratory director of neutron sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Jeffrey L. Binder, associate laboratory director of the Nuclear Science and Engineering Directorate, ORNL
- Dan R. Caldwell, president, Cornerstone of Recovery
- Michael K. Carroll, CEO, MK Technologies Corporation
- Pete V. Claussen, chief operating officer of railroads, Gulf & Ohio Railways
- David L. Cockrill, CEO, Red Chair Architects
- Krissy DeAlejandro, executive director, tnAchieves
- Harry L. Gross, executive vice president of commercial banking, SunTrust Bank
- Michelle Hardin, senior vice president, First Tennessee Bank
- William (Ed) Edward Harmon, retired from real estate business
- Leslye T. Hartsell, community relations manager, Knoxville Utilities Board
- Margaret Heins-Laning, retired nurse and member of the Tennessee Nurses Association Board of Directors
- Marv L. House, CEO, Merit Construction Inc.
- Lisa Hurst, president and CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley
- Jeffrey (Jeff) D. Johnson, executive vice president and chief administrative officer, McCarty Holsaple McCarty Architects and Interior Designers
- Lonnie Jones, owner, Allstate Insurance
- Michael J. King, attorney and partner, Woolf, McClane, Bright, Allen
& Carpenter PLLC
- Andrew Lorenz, vice president, Messer Construction Company
- Patrick A. Miller, production operations manager, Denso Manufacturing Tennessee
- Daniel (Danny) J. Norman, technology development specialist, Strata-G LLC
- Stuart F. Oakes, agent, TIS Construction Division
- Stephen Rosen, managing director, Raymond James Fixed Income Capital Markets
- John G. Trawick, senior vice president of power supply and fuels, Tennessee Valley Authority