Updates about Title IX Oversight

When I came to the University of Tennessee in February, I promised the campus community that we would make Title IX a top priority. We are determined to make UT Knoxville a leader for all UT campuses and a model of best practices nationally.

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ashley Blamey as Title IX coordinator. Ashley has been with UT since 2008 and most recently served as the assistant vice chancellor for student life.

Ashley brings a wealth of professional experience, academic preparation, and leadership to this role. I am confident she will create a national model for sexual assault awareness and prevention. I have made it a priority to train every student, faculty member, and nonexempt staff member on our campus in sexual assault awareness, reporting responsibilities, and prevention. Read more about Ashley’s appointment and background.

Jenny Richter will continue in her role as associate vice chancellor and director of the Office of Equity and Diversity. Her responsibilities include ensuring that the university is in compliance with all state and federal nondiscrimination laws. With the appointment of a Title IX coordinator, Jenny and her staff will be able to expand their focus on issues of harassment and discrimination.

Please join me in congratulating Ashley on her new role and thanking Jenny for her past service as Title IX coordinator.

Report an accessibility barrier