A national search is under way for the next provost and senior vice chancellor for UT Knoxville.
As a member of my senior leadership team, the provost and senior vice chancellor provides exemplary leadership, strategic direction, and a bold vision for the academic mission of UT Knoxville.
Candidates should have the demonstrated vision, leadership, and management skills necessary for overseeing all academic divisions and working collaboratively with other members of the leadership team, the UT System administration, and other partners.
Victoria Niederhauser, dean of the College of Nursing, is chairing the search.
Committee members are:
- Kari Alldredge, vice provost for enrollment management
- Teri Dobbins Baxter, associate dean for faculty development in the College of Law
- Sergio Bedford, president of the Graduate Student Senate
- Ernest Brothers, associate dean in the Graduate School
- Michelle Buchanan, deputy for science and technology at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Vincent Carilli, vice chancellor for student life
- Matt Devereaux, professor of family and consumer science in UT Extension
- Jeffrey Fairbrother, associate dean for academic and faculty affairs in the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences
- Morgan Hartgrove, president of the Student Government Association
- India Lane, interim vice president for academic affairs and student success in the UT System
- Theresa Lee, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Tyvi Small, executive director of talent management, diversity, and community relations in the Haslam College of Business
- John Stier, associate dean in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Carol Tenopir, Chancellor’s Professor and Board of Visitors Professor in the College of Communication and Information
- Teresa Walker, associate dean for learning, research, and engagement in UT Libraries
- David Wolitz, associate professor in the College of Law
- The full position description will be posted to the Human Resources page soon.
A recruiting team from Isaacson, Miller has been contracted to assist with the search. Nominations, applications, and confidential inquiries should be directed to Isaacson, Miller Vice President Michael Baer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-216-2274, or Managing Associate Natalie Leonhard, email@example.com or 202-552-5511.