We Are Resilient

This is an important week on our campus as we gather to honor our students and their accomplishments. I know that for many of you, this is also a difficult time. A change in leadership is never easy. I want you to know how committed I am to supporting you and providing stability to our university through this transition. I also want to thank Dr. Davenport for her service to the University of Tennessee.

UT Knoxville is a dynamic and innovative institution. Our research is growing, our campus is expanding, and our students are being nationally recognized. We have made great strides in recent years, and I look forward to building on this momentum as we continue to propel our university forward.

Many of you know I first arrived on this campus more than four decades ago as a student myself. Now, 47 years later, I am humbled and honored to serve an institution that means so much to me. If I can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out.

We are resilient and together we will continue to advance the University of Tennessee.

Go Vols,

Wayne Davis
Interim Chancellor

Report an accessibility barrier