Thank You Veterans video thumbnail

Thank You, Veterans

Transcript

Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement Tyvi Small: Hello Volunteers. I’m Tyvi Small, Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement here at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Veterans are an important and vibrant part of our community, our student body, our faculty and staff, our alumni, and our friends and fans, to all of those who have served, we say thanks.

Staff Veteran Lashel Brown: I was in the Marine Corps from ’85 to ’94. When I was in, I became a Comm Center Chief. When you’ve been a part of a group, and one of the military branches, it doesn’t matter which branch it is, you have that camaraderie, and you’re used to having that brother or that sister next to you. And when you get out all of a sudden become a civilian, you really have to figure out how to find this balance. And I think the Veterans Resource Center helps with that balance for people that are getting out of the military.

UT System President Randy Boyd: Both my mom and dad are army veterans. And my wife Jenny was adopted by an army veteran and his wife in Germany, so I have a real appreciation for all that our veterans and their families sacrifice in their service to our nation. While ‘thank you’ will never be enough, please know we celebrate you today – and every day.

Student Veteran Kevin Robinson: I was a sergeant in the military in supplies. I thought to myself, I actually thought to myself, I volunteered for the military so I feel like it’s only right that I become a Volunteer at UT.

Student Active Duty Noah Dandridge: UT has most definitely supported me with my transition from being in the military lifestyle to the civilian lifestyle. I was able to find my purpose on campus, get involved and start building genuine relationships with students on campus, just like how it was in the military.

UT Chancellor Donde Plowman: This Veterans Day, we pay tribute to those whose service exemplifies what it means to be a volunteer. Thank you for your service and your sacrifices. Thank you to your families and those who support you in your daily life.

Our appreciation will never be enough. But I hope you all know how much you inspire all Volunteers to lead with courage. Thanks for everything you do.