As part of the strategic visioning process, the executive and visioning committees created the draft mission, vision, and goals statements below.
Your input on these initial drafts are integral to the development of a new strategic vision for our university. Please join one of the many online discussions taking place the weeks of May 11, May 18, and May 25. You are also encouraged to submit online feedback.
Draft Vision Statement
A world enriched by the power of our ideas and inspired by the Volunteer Spirit
Draft Mission Statement
At UT Knoxville everyone matters and belongs, and our learning is affordable and life-long. Through our commitment to educate, discover, create, and engage we:
- Embody the Volunteer Spirit by creating an equitable and inclusive community committed to excellence;
- Empower learners of all ages and backgrounds to achieve their dreams; and
- Advance the prosperity, well-being, and vitality of communities across Tennessee and around the world through our research.
- Create, sustain, and nurture a university culture where everyone matters and belongs.
- Deliver learning that meets the needs of people at every stage of life, whenever and wherever they seek to learn.
- Through the power of our ideas and the inclusivity of our community, we will inspire people to join us as we engage with the state and the world. We will connect with every Tennessean; attract and retain transformational faculty, staff, and students; and draw more Volunteers to the state.
- Promote vibrant communities and healthy people, and push the boundaries of discovery, through our research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Empower and incentivize collaboration and innovation across education, scholarship, and engagement.