The chancellor provides the vision and leadership for the state’s flagship land-grant university. She is responsible for all the activities on campus, including operations, academic programs, student life, athletics, and development. She reports to the president of the UT System.
A Message from the Chancellor
The University of Tennessee has always been a beacon of light and leadership for the people of our state. Through times of great triumph and tremendous hardship, the state’s flagship land-grant university has been steadfast in its promise to deliver world-class education, life-changing research, and community support.
Today, UT remains at the forefront of learning and innovation in Tennessee and beyond. Our students are gaining unparalleled experiences through undergraduate research, study abroad, and community-based service–learning projects. Our faculty includes some of the world’s top experts in fields like advanced manufacturing and materials science, computation and data science, supply chain management, forensic anthropology, and nuclear engineering. Together with partners like Oak Ridge National Laboratory, we are working to solve some of our world’s greatest challenges and pushing the boundaries of what we understand about science and society.
As our nickname suggests, Volunteers have built our reputation on service, courage, and leadership. When critical moments demand bold action, you will find Volunteers ready to step forward to solve a problem, take a risk, and act with compassion and conviction.
I am proud to be the chancellor of a university committed to shaping the next generation of leaders, thinkers, and innovators that our world needs.
I am proud to be a Volunteer.
- New Volunteer Activity Policy - Employees will receive eight work hours annually for volunteer service.
- Striving for Excellence and Celebrating Our Success - All across the campus, Volunteers have much to be proud of.
- State Investments in UT Knoxville - The budget includes $217 million in investments benefiting UT Knoxville.
- Our Mission and Our Presence across Tennessee - I have been sharing your great work and listening to our communities.
- Everyone is Responsible for Safety at UT - Safety is an important cultural expectation here at UT. It's everyone's responsibility.